Our record representing YOU!

by stewartgolton on 27 April, 2018

Rothwell Liberal Democrats are the only party offering you three candidates who all live in the ward. Stewart, Carmel and Pat are all longstanding residents, and we all have a track record of getting involved in the local community. Unlike Labour, the Lib Dems put our local community before party political interest. People tell us […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Lib Dems demand solution to Wood Lane parking problem

by stewartgolton on 2 April, 2018

Lib Dem councillor, Stewart Golton, has criticised the Labour administration on Leeds City Council for adding to the parking hell of residents around Wood Lane. Stewart asked the local authority to allocate space on the planned Stourton park & ride site for office workers on Leeds Valley Park who use Wood Lane and neighbouring streets […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Rothwell Lib Dems back manifesto launch

by stewartgolton on 22 March, 2018

Coun Stewart Golton led candidates Carmel Harrison and Pat Yates in backing Communities in Control the Lib Dem manifesto for Leeds for local elections on May 3. Highighting plans to improve transport, the environment, education and social care Coun Golton, the Leader of the Lib Dems on Leeds City Council said there was never a […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Putting the trains back on track

by stewartgolton on 26 February, 2018

STEWART Golton and Carmel Harrison have demanded action from Northern Rail to reveal their planned timetable changes following suggestions they plan to scrap two vital rush hour trains. Residents who commute daily to Leeds, alerted Stewart and Carmel to the fact that the 17.16 from Leeds to Goole would cease to stop at Woodlesford while […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Strawberry Fields forever

by stewartgolton on 28 January, 2018

Stewart Golton and Carmel Harrison, who is one of the three Lib Dem candidates in this year’s all out council elections took the fight to save Strawberry Fields, Carlton, to residents this weekend. Campaigning to help save Carlton from the development of 150 new homes they talked to concerned locals. The mood on the streets […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Fly Tipping – more than rubbish

by stewartgolton on 24 January, 2018

Stewart is as furious as everyone in Rothwell at the fly tipping that is ruining our towns and villages. He regularly lobbies Leeds City Council on behalf of residents. Now he wants your help to be more pro active and he’s joined by the rest of the Lib Dem campaign team particularly candidates Carmel Harrison […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Rothwell Civic Hall

by stewartgolton on 14 January, 2018

ROTHWELL Civic Hall is a centrally located public building that Leeds City Council want to sell. Once sold the local community will receive 20 per cent of the proceeds back and the remaining 80 per cent wil revert to the central LCC account. On Friday interested parties met local representatives to discuss options. They agreed […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Coun Golton invites Virgin Media to inform local residents

by stewartgolton on 8 December, 2017

COUN Golton has worked with Virgin Media in the Rothwell area to bring residents up to date about upgrading work happening in the area. The Lib Dem Leader on Leeds City Council and the Lib Dem councillor for Rothwell spoke to the multi media group recently asking them to inform people about the disruption to […]

Read more    Leave a comment

Woodlesford’s railways remain completely off track

by stewartgolton on 4 December, 2017

Woodlesford has been completely ignored in the Conservative government’s latest rail strategy. Local people, backed by the Liberal Democrats, have been clamouring for the reopening of Methley station and improvements to Woodlesford but have been snubbed by the Tories. Local Liberal Democrat campaigner Carmel Harrison said: “For too long the people of Woodlesford and Methley […]

Read more    Leave a comment

The leader of Leeds Liberal Democrats is concerned that an Autumn budget announcement to lift borrowing restrictions that currently prevent local councils from building new council houses may not apply to Leeds. The announcement means that councils will have more freedom to borrow against future rental income to enable the construction of new homes. However, […]

Read more    Leave a comment